Mixed Masala

The masala is an essential spice in Indian cuisine.Mixed w/other flavors,it creates that extra zing in one's palette that awakens your senses&allows you to stop,savor&remember the moment.That moment becomes a memory which tells a story,like a recipe carried on through generations.Sometimes fresh mixtures are added giving birth to culinary masterpieces that hold stories w/in herstories,cultures w/in multicultures&new lines w/in ancestries.Mixed Masala is the unique blend of all these&much more.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Nathan on the Runway



My nephew, my sister's firstborn, the first of the 3rd generation of our family, turned 11 yesterday. And what better way to begin it than with a fashion show debut* together with his younger brother, JT. It was the opening of Fashion Wear Week in Manila and my darling boys strutted their stuff on the runway. And there I was, their proud
Masi (in Sindhi this simply means "Sister of your Mom") at the fore, taking photos and cheering them on. It was only a couple of years ago when they were babies I would cuddle and woo to sleep and now, they're growing up so fast.

I am grateful to God for the blessings these children are to our family and how they have brought us closer together, how they give me hope and cheer me up when I feel that life is too much to take, how just seeing them and being a part of their lives makes me feel accomplished and how just spending time with them is such a pleasure, a breath of fresh air, and a reminder of God's promise that I will have my own, just like these two precious ones, one day.

I also know they will lead the next generation into the light.

Happy Birthday, Nathan darling! You sure ruled the runway yesterday. Cheers!!!

*found out recently this was his pre-teen debut, his first walk on the runway was a couple of years ago for a Regatta show...he started much earlier than I thought! How time flies!