Mixed Masala

The masala is an essential spice in Indian cuisine.Mixed w/other flavors,it creates that extra zing in one's palette that awakens your senses&allows you to stop,savor&remember the moment.That moment becomes a memory which tells a story,like a recipe carried on through generations.Sometimes fresh mixtures are added giving birth to culinary masterpieces that hold stories w/in herstories,cultures w/in multicultures&new lines w/in ancestries.Mixed Masala is the unique blend of all these&much more.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

With Gratitude~

Today is International Womyn's Day and I salute every woman in this Universe...living in the physical or spiritual realms...either way, I say, thank you. I say I am grateful, for the stories you tell, the lives you touch, the struggles you've overcome, the joy in your heart, the pain you've endured, and the choice to continue to believe in what is good.

Today I say thank you to God who has blessed me with courage, strength and freedom to speak, to choose, to believe, to love, to be...

Today I acknowledge the scars of my life: from wounds that have healed, to the new ones that are slowly closing up...and I am grateful...for each hurt, each truth I learned, each tear I cried because it means I am human.

Today I pay tribute to the people I love...I choose to love you...you don't have to love me back because no matter what, I will love you, regardless. I am who I love, what I love.

Today my Spirit whispers to the Little Star in my womb, who has known for the past 19 weeks of every smile, every sorrow, every thought, every feeling, every journey I have taken...you are the most precious one, my Love, you are my lullaby and you have taught me the greatest thing I have learned thus far in my life--love means freeing yourself and exploring the highs and lows of who you are, re-discovering yourself in a new way, overcoming the fear of knowing, in solitude, and being true to what your heart says, to who you are, living that truth, being that truth and holding all these as one whole being--body, mind, heart, spirit. I am complete, just as I am and I am free. I have always been free.