Mixed Masala

The masala is an essential spice in Indian cuisine.Mixed w/other flavors,it creates that extra zing in one's palette that awakens your senses&allows you to stop,savor&remember the moment.That moment becomes a memory which tells a story,like a recipe carried on through generations.Sometimes fresh mixtures are added giving birth to culinary masterpieces that hold stories w/in herstories,cultures w/in multicultures&new lines w/in ancestries.Mixed Masala is the unique blend of all these&much more.

Friday, September 08, 2006

My Little Prince~

My Little Prince Dawidawen, my baby pitbull,

was sick this past week…

he had to be hospitalized for hookworms…he was bleeding daily and the vet was not giving me any hope that he would survive…I was visiting him daily and didn't want to leave him at all as he looked so sad and helpless.

I lost Nitro, my first pitbull in 2002 and I was scared I’d lose Prince too. Buddy, our askal (Filipino slang for native dog) had heartworms and was sick too but he wasn’t bleeding the way Prince was…

It has been pretty tough these past two months with business being difficult, the dogs now sick and my Spirit needing a break…. And just as I was about to succumb to putting God in a box, the tide turned.

I believe through the love, prayers and support of our family and friends, my dear Prince Dawidawen and Buddy were healed and they’re now prancing about like their old selves. Thanks to all of you. I pray blessings of health be yours and be with your pets, always.

A veil has definitely been lifted, the others will go soon, in time…in perfect time…