Mixed Masala

The masala is an essential spice in Indian cuisine.Mixed w/other flavors,it creates that extra zing in one's palette that awakens your senses&allows you to stop,savor&remember the moment.That moment becomes a memory which tells a story,like a recipe carried on through generations.Sometimes fresh mixtures are added giving birth to culinary masterpieces that hold stories w/in herstories,cultures w/in multicultures&new lines w/in ancestries.Mixed Masala is the unique blend of all these&much more.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Ode to a Boy of 7~

JT turned seven,
His eyes all aglow,
Happy to be surrounded by family and toys.

How sweet and beloved,
How handsome and kind,
This little boy is growing up,
Right before my eyes.

You are my inspiration,
You keep me all afloat,
Every time you speak, I listen for every note.

Thoughtful and giving,
Talented and Bright,
Jesus’ darling angel,
Right by my side.

Stay as precious as you are,
Stay as happy as can be,
A wonderful destiny, my child, you will definitely see.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy, blessed birthday to my Sugar Pie Nephew and Godson JT, oh how you make my heart sing, always. I love you! - Masi~