Mixed Masala

The masala is an essential spice in Indian cuisine.Mixed w/other flavors,it creates that extra zing in one's palette that awakens your senses&allows you to stop,savor&remember the moment.That moment becomes a memory which tells a story,like a recipe carried on through generations.Sometimes fresh mixtures are added giving birth to culinary masterpieces that hold stories w/in herstories,cultures w/in multicultures&new lines w/in ancestries.Mixed Masala is the unique blend of all these&much more.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sofia~

Thank you, daughter of my dreams, light of my heart, angel of my morning...it's been a year and eight months since I last wrote on this blog...it's taken so long for me to take up the courage to write again...to maintain this writing space that began with a story about Mama Rosie, your great grandmother. You see, 17 days before you were born, Mama passed away. Months before that I was struggling with my pregnancy and when you finally arrived I still couldn't bring myself to write about the most beautiful experience I've ever had my entire life because I kept thinking of Mama and how I was not able to fly to Samar to bid her farewell, one last time...like I said earlier, I couldn't bring myself to write about it publicly, not until today.

I still have one more email to compose for a client but it's already 11:11pm and after such a long day, all I really wanted to do was rest and pamper myself and yet I find that to even be very difficult to do right now...as if I needed to just get some thoughts down first before I could proceed to my nightly ritual...and then I remembered this blog. I was telling myself months ago that I should come up with a new one where I can write about less things from the heart, less about me, or my roots, but then I couldn't really find anything to write about as passionately...or as naturally, as this.

So here I am, wanting to write once more, about her stories and his stories...about the women and men who have shaped my life...about cultures and beliefs, about life, love and relationships, and more, all because now I have you and you, Sofia, have given me back something I thought I lost along the way, you've given me the will to live.